Langain Aya

Langain Aya
insane Foxy Mad Tinkerer and Explorer

About Me

My photo
New babbage, New babbage
Langain Aya, The White Foxx: Mad Foxy Tinkerer and Explorer, Daughter of the late Professor Ingram Von Aya. Self Exiled Contessa. I make things go BOOM!!! Kicked out of the Redwallian Royal Aetheric Society for accidentally blowing up an observatory, I now make my way through the world with completely independant Expeditions, and experimentation.

Monday, August 13, 2007

First Time in an ornithopter and midnight whiskeys with new friends

I wandered the halls and avenues of the Steamcity , high above Caledon, today. and as i browsed the shops, I came across a portal in the floor. Opening it revealed a shaft sunk into the floor. Naturally, this fox dropped herself down the shaft, sliding down to what appeard to be a hangar on the underside, with ornithopters, all primed and ready to go. With nobody around to say no to me, I hopped in and figured my way through starting the device. as the wings began flapping, I soon had liftoff. The resultant ride consisted of much screaming, zigzagging, andterminating in 'Thopter slamming into the underside of the city, getting caught in the iron girders. The only way for me at that point was either to drop to my death on the ground, or a fur raising crawl clinging to the large landing leg of the city. And so, with the wind whipping around me, I inched my way along the landing gear, eventually making my way back up into the steamworks room. Of coures I went straight back to the hanger to 'borrow' another ornithopter, as i had learned enough from the last flight to be able to control my flight much better. After a spectacular nosedive into the lake underneath the flying city, I swam my way to the shoreline. As there was none around, I shed my clothing and hung it to dry in a bush, and stretching out in the sun, allowed my fur to dry. I must have dozed at some point as I woke with a start to voices, it seems some men had been out hunting (luckily for me it wasn't for fox), and had come across my improvised camp. With their rude comments and catcalls ringing behind me (and i swear one of them smacked my behind as i passed them) I hurridly dressed myself and took my leave of the drunkards.
Eventually I followed the tracks to the Moorlands, where I came across some late nights sitting in an outside cafe of some sort . The Lady had left as I arrived, but the gentlemen, a Mr. Abel and Mr. Book, were some interesting conversationalists. We discussed the differance between a machine and a riding horse (though why Mr. Abel felt he had to remind me he was talking about horses when commenting on 'warm flesh and blood underneath me" I honestly have no idea.), my esperiances with flight, clubs, and Caledon in general. Sadly though, it was getting late, and we said our goodbyes as they went to their homes, and I procured lodging for the night.

1 comment:

Gnarlihotep Abel said...

It was a joy to meet you, I look forward to following your adventures here!